Replacement Siding & When It’s Necessary
Vinyl Siding Solutions for YOUR HOME
Ensuring that your home is protected with high-quality siding is imperative for many reasons. For instance, siding that is in poor condition negatively affects the energy efficiency, curb appeal, and even structural integrity of your home. Performing routine maintenance is one way to avoid underperforming siding. At Ultimate Gutter Guard, we employ experts that are trained to identify and replace any siding that’s failing. If you’d like to get a head start on the issue, there are some preliminary signs to watch out for that could indicate further inspection is needed. The presence of the following signs indicate that you need to contact a local siding expert.
Signs of Your Siding’s Demise
- Bubbling or Blistering: Constant exposure to extreme heat and moisture has a tendency to cause bubbling or blistering in siding that is old or improperly installed. Moisture trapped behind the siding is another cause. It’s recommended that the deformed panels be replaced.
- Buckled or Warping: Improperly installed vinyl siding will typically fall victim to this. The cause is usually because it’s nailed to your home too tightly and has no room to expand and contract during extreme temperatures. Siding in this state needs complete replacement.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: Years of abuse from strong winds, extreme temperatures, and other elements will wear your siding down. This naturally occurs with age and the only remedy is replacement, which can be done by local siding professionals like ours.
- Growth of Fungus, Mold, & Mildew: Moisture that has found its way behind your siding and collected long enough to fester will result in mold, mildew, and fungus. This typically means there’s a leak or leaks somewhere in the fixture. We suggest seeking an expert to examine affected areas since there could be many leaks and mold is dangerous to your health.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint: Loose wallpaper or peeling paint inside of your home could mean moisture has found its way behind your siding and is seeping through the walls, causing significant water damage.
Never Neglect Your Siding’s Needs
The above are just a few of the signs that indicate you need replacement siding. Another thing to pay attention to is the age of your current siding. We recommend seeking experienced professionals for a thorough siding inspection if you truly want the best performance. Professionals like the ones at Ultimate Gutter Guard are far more experienced than the average homeowner. We are trained to locate and repair any possible siding damage or perform full replacements. Contact us today and let us correct your home’s siding situation.