Window QualitiesFeb 17, 2017
Window Shopping: Replacement Window Attributes
Attributes You Need for Your Replacement Windows
Investing in replacement windows is something that every homeowner will eventually have to do. The reason for replacing your windows could be aesthetic, functional, energy efficiency, or all three. Regardless of your reason, you must know what qualities make a window worth owning. Understanding that will save you a great deal of grief and money with your new window investments. Our window experts here at Ultimate Gutter Guard possess exceptional knowledge of what makes a quality window and we do our best to impart that knowledge onto you.
Qualities Every Window Should Have
- Beauty: Enhancing a home’s curb appeal is an essential function for any replacement window. The style and design must be able to complement the architecture of your home. This can be done by selectively choosing the proper window style or custom color.
- Double-Pane: Energy efficiency is a necessity for most homeowners, which is why most modern replacement windows have at least a double-pane option. Extra panes provide multiple barriers to aid in resisting heat transfer. These barriers are the pane itself and the thermal breaks created by the space between panes.
- Low-E Coatings: These coatings protect the interior of your home and its décor by blocking harmful UV rays. The Low-E coating reduces the amount of fading that’s resultant of the sun’s rays shining through the window. It also aids in reducing radiant heat transfer.
- Insulating Gas Fills: Gas fills are only available with double and triple pane windows. The vacuumed space in between panes is filled with either Argon or Krypton gas whose density is used to create an invisible insulating barrier.
- Quality Framing: Homeowners often base their decision for framing material on affordability, durability, energy efficiency, and personal taste. Vinyl, steel/aluminum, wood, and fiberglass are the most common framing materials, each of which has benefits unique to their makeup.
- Customizability: The beauty of our replacement windows can be customized to suit any taste that you may have. You can choose from our varieties in color, grille patterns, glass types, and even custom-shapes.
The Importance of Knowing Your Window Options
The quality of your windows play a large role in your home’s overall energy efficiency and curb appeal, which is why knowing your window options is so important. Energy-saving options such as double-pane and low-e coatings are fairly standard with the majority of modern windows but it’s still good to ask about before finalizing a purchase. Another great way to see what qualities a window has is the NFRC label, which is standard on most windows. This label shows valuable information about the energy efficiency, daylighting, and other qualities of the window. Learn what window qualities to watch out for by contacting us for a free consultation today.